Having trouble with a device? Make sure everything is connected properly, the device has power, and that it’s set up correctly.
First, try checking your hardware
- Unplug USB cables and wait for a little while for the device driver to be unloaded by Windows, and then plug the device back in.
- Try using a different USB port on your PC.
- If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power. If it’s still not working, try removing the USB hub and plugging the device directly into a USB port on the PC.
- Make sure that the cables on your device aren’t damaged in any way.
- Check any battery-powered devices to see if they are fully charged or have fresh batteries.
- Make sure there’s no dirt blocking keys or sensors.
The above content comes from the Microsoft Windows Support site.
Visit Microsoft Windows Support site
For further information, please visit their page: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows (microsoft.com)