If your device hasn’t been picked up on your laptop and is not functioning properly, it might be because the software hasn’t been automatically installed as it should. This section describes how to manually install the HP Elite USB-C Docking Station software on a computer running the Windows 10 Pro. The software is preinstalled in flash memory on the docking station.
For additional features or access to HP Manual check Getting started on HP USB-C Docking Stations
- With the computer on, Windows running, and the Internet connected, connect the USB cable from the docking station to the computer.
- If the device flash drive does not open automatically, open File Explorer, and then select HP USB-C Dock
- Double-click HP Elite USB-C Docking Station Installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- A welcome screen appears. Click Next.
- When the End User License Agreement appears, accept and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Choose to restart now or later. The docking station might not work until the next restart. If you choose to restart the computer, first remove any disks from the computer’s drives. Click Finish.
- Be sure that you have the latest drivers installed. Go to http://www.hp.com/support and select your country or region. Select Software and Drivers, type the dock model number (located on the bottom of the docking station), and then select Find my product. Click the link for your specific docking station, and then download the latest drivers.