- Lithium-ion batteries can rupture, ignite, or explode when exposed to high temperatures (60°C/140°F), or direct sunlight. They should not be stored in a car during hot weather.
- Short-circuiting a Li-ion battery can cause it to overheat, ignite or explode.
- Never open or puncture a Li-ion battery’s casing. Li-ion batteries contain safety devices that protect the cells inside from abuse. If damaged, these can also cause the battery to overheat, ignite or explode.
- Never expose the battery to water or liquid.
- Never dispose of in fire or water.
- Never dispose of the battery in your normal trash. Please follow your local laws as to the proper disposal.
Estimated reading time: < 1 min